Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Defense Rests. The Terps have taken their fans on an unbelievably fabulous ride in the past year. Last season's championship run was, quite simply, magical. Nothing can ever take that away, including the team's unexpected exit from the tournament tonight. As disappointed and saddened as we are as fans, we know that the Terps are heartbroken, and we ache for them. The last minute of tonight's game was unbearable to watch, as we saw the pain on their faces and the tears in their eyes. True to form, the Terps never quit, they never gave up. To the entire team -- the players, the coaches, and the staff -- thank you all for your hard work, and for all the joy that you have given us. Farewell to Shay and to Aurelie; thank you again for four incredible years. And to everyone else, we know that you will come back next fall, more determined than ever. And we can't wait to see you.

10 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The loss is tough to swallow, but the last image of Shay on that bench will stay with me for the longest of time. I cried knowing I'll never get to see her in terps uniform ever again. As a terps fan, I'd like to echo your sentiment of gratitude towards the team especially our seniors. Thank you for the joy you've brought to us fan the past four years.

So long, Shay and Aulerie. I'll be missing you.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Hang in there. I'm not even that mad they screwed up my bracket, but I promise we'll take good care of Shay in NY. ;-)

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for all the support and maintaining an excellent, positive blog

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that, your blog has been very enjoyable throughout the season. Thank you.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Bill-DC said...

I don't post a lot here but I've referred friends and have enjoyed your blog a lot this past season. Keep up the great work and look out NCAA, the Lady Terps will be back!

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to thank Shay & Aurelie, too. We would be nowhere without them. I was so sad to see the ladies so upset and to realize that last night was Shay & Aurelie's last game as playing Terps. Of course, they're Terps for life! I know we'll be back and I am so proud that the ladies represent MD because they're such a class act, great team, and great individuals.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Roxie Smith Lindemann said...

It's a dog-gone shame the Terps lost, but we love them, their coach, and the DC Basketcases, best darn women's basketball bloggers in cyberspace. See you back at Comcast in November!

Your pal,
Roxie

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maryland is the winningest team I've ever supported, and this setback doesn't change that a bit. I hate that I'm not going to see them play again for so long, but that will just make November all the sweeter.

You can renew your season tickets now, in case you want to demonstrate your support while they're down, so to speak: http://tinyurl.com/2butl7

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Bill-DC said...

Also a great wat to support the Terps is to become a member of the Terrapin Club. I just signed up this month.

No, I don't work for the TC but feel it is important to support the Terps.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger hodie said...

You can also join the Rebounders, which supports women's basketball specifically (the Terrapins Club is for all UMD athletics).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home